How do I use CBD and CBD products? This may be a question you’re asking yourself if you’ve heard about the miraculous compound derived from cannabis known as Cannabidiol or CBD. When many people think about how to utilize cannabis-derived products they typically think about smoking. Smoking or inhalation, however, is not the only way in which patients and consumers can benefit from CBD.
Thanks to the progression of law reform surrounding cannabis-derived products today there are many different ones available that contain CBD. Let’s take a look at the many different ways you can utilize CBD.
While inhalation isn’t the only way to use CBD, it is one that is still enjoyed by many patients and consumers. For many, the effects are much more instant, yet they typically wear off much faster. Here are a few different ways that CBD can be consumed through inhalation.
- CBD Flower/Bud– Today there are cannabis strains that are high in CBD while being low in THC. For those who prefer to smoke, consuming high CBD strains such as Harlequin, ACDC, Cannatonic, Pennywise and Sour Tsunami may be the way to go.
- CBD Concentrates– Just like there are many high THC concentrates on the market today, you can also find cannabis extracts such as shatter, budder, and wax that contain high CBD concentrations and little to no THC.
- CBD Vape-Oil- Vaping cannabis concentrates and cannabis-derived products is a growing trend considering how many believe that vaping is much safer than smoking due to the lack of carcinogens. There are hundreds of different companies on the market today that offer CBD vape oils derived from marijuana and hemp.
When taken internally many CBD products provide longer lasting and more significant effects. The effects, however, take longer to present themselves as the products must first be digested and metabolized. Here are some of the CBD products that can be consumed internally.
- CBD Oil- Cannabidiol oil is one of the most popular ways of consuming this cannabinoid. This type of oil is available from many different manufacturers commonly called a tincture. Tinctures can be made from both marijuana strains and hemp cultivars that are high in CBD. CBD oil is most commonly made through extracting the oil from the plant either via CO2 extraction or a solvent extraction technique. The oil can be consumed directly by placing the oil on your fingertip and eating it or combining it with food such as a cracker or piece of chocolate.
- CBD Capsules- CBD capsules are also very common and are simply capsules that contain CBD oil. Often times the capsules are a combination of CBD oil and coconut oil.
- CBD Drinks (Water/Coffee)- As more extraction techniques come into light, we are finding that manufacturers are becoming more innovative with CBD delivery techniques. Today you can find many different CBD infused drinks including CBD water and CBD coffee.
- CBD Edibles- Similar to how companies are infusing drinks with CBD, you can find many different foods that contain CBD on the market today. For those who love to infuse their own treats, the dishes and edibles that you could infuse with CBD are almost endless!
- CBD Powder- If you are not an infusion wizard, no worries. There are even products such as CBD Powder on the market today that allow you to easily infuse any food or drink that you wish!
Similar to inhalation, CBD products taken sublingually (under the tongue or absorbed through the mouth without being digested) kick in quicker offering instant benefits. However, they are often shorter-lived than with other consumption methods.
- CBD Spray- This product is as simple as it sounds. Simply spray in your mouth and voila, you can reap the benefits of CBD!
- CBD Tinctures- Tinctures have been utilized for centuries with many different herbs, including cannabis. With that said it only makes sense that you can find several different CBD tinctures on the market today. Tinctures are traditionally consumed by placing a few drops under the tongue.
- CBD Gum- Yep! They have that too! Utilizing CBD can be as easy as chewing some gum. This is a very discreet and even fun way to intake CBD on a daily basis.
The CB receptors found in the endocannabinoid system are highly concentrated in the bodies largest organ, the skin. With this in mind, it only makes sense that there are CBD products that can be utilized topically to when seeking relief from things such as inflammation, pain, skin conditions, and more.
- CBD Patches- Similar to pain patches or nicotine patches, CBD patches are applied to the skin. They can be worn for several hours for lasting relief. There are many benefits to CBD patches including the discreetness that they offer as well as their ability to target specific areas for relief by applying the patch where it’s needed most.
- CBD Salves/Creams- Could utilizing CBD be as simple as just rubbing on some cream, lotion or a salve? Absolutely! You can find hundreds of different CBD infused topical products on the market today and they are becoming increasingly more popular for individuals looking for relief from arthritis, pain, and even skin conditions such as acne!
Other CBD Products
Believe it or not, there are even more ways to utilize CBD! Here are two of them!
- CBD Suppositories- Yes, you read that right! CBD suppositories were designed to help better target digestive and gastrointestinal issues. Those who suffer from things such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Crohn’s disease have found significant relief from utilizing them.
- CBD Eyedrops- Treating glaucoma with cannabis is one of the first ways many people were acquainted with its medical benefits. Today there are companies that offer CBD eyedrops that are helping individuals find relief from many different ophthalmic conditions.
So, how do you use CBD? Well, as you can see above, there are many different ways that CBD can be utilized so next time you ask yourself this question, instead ask yourself, how would I like to use CBD today?